Sunday, May 10, 2009

EXP3 - Mash Up

More than anything, two things I understood in the process of being at the top is winning rapturous applause and fame.

Obama, the height of power, had lots of discussions of what it means and why people are obsessed with famous people. Obama is always one step ahead of everybody else. The first black US president wandered in front of his limousine into the treacherous territory in the White House. He said “People are obsessed with power, They are aware that I'm famous”.

Madonna has revealed the strange question of what our future holds. The 49-year-old pop star wearing a glittering gold dress, matching coat and green gloves, was in trademark prickly form. She attracted hostile headlines before ducking back into her heavily armoured Cadillac. She said, “People are obsessed with famous people. They are aware that I'm famous”.

Mannucia Prada proved her place at the top. Nobody snaps quite like Prada. We anticipate no evolution and growth occurred inside her. Certainly the audience who lined both sides of the catwalk for a glimpse of Prada were irritated. She said, “People are obsessed with fashion. They are aware that I'm famous”.



Reuters, “Virtual elegance at Prada”, SMH, February 25, 2004 http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/25/1077594869036.html?from=storyrhs (accessed 10/6/09)

Stephanie Bunbury, “Fame, kids, money: Madonna gets personal” SMH May 23, 2008 http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/fame-kids-money-madonna-gets-personal-20090407-9vw7.html (accessed 10/6/09)


AFP “Starting work: Obama in the White House” SMH January 21, 2009 http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/starting-work-obama-in-the-white-house/2009/01/21/1232471339663.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1 (accessed 10/6/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment